September 21, 2012
NICHD and Pediatric Electronic Health Record Data Sharing Network (PEDSNet, through support from the AHRQ Enhanced Registries Program)
Natcher Conference Center (Building 45), NIH Campus, Bethesda, Maryland
This event will bring together leaders from government, academia, industry, and professional organizations in the field of Pediatrics to organize a governance structure and prioritization mechanism across multiple pediatric terminology efforts. This effort is aimed at harmonizing and bridging the continuum from research to health care delivery in pediatrics.
Proposed topics of discussion at the conference include:
- Rationale for a standardized pediatric terminology
- Defining use cases suitable to guide this effort
- Mapping out a framework for governance and implementation of pediatric terminology.
The anticipated outcomes of this conference are:
- A consensus governance model
- An initial set of procedures for structuring that model
- An action plan for implementing terminologies
- A set of next steps to formalize the governance process.
There will be a live videocast of the conference for those unable to attend in person. Please register to attend in person or by live videocast.
Dr. Anjali Kastorf
Tel: (202) 365-9034