September 28-29, 2007
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch (RBMB), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), NICHD;
DoubleTree Hilton, Bethesda, Maryland
The conference will encompass a number of themes in several sessions:
- Genetics and clinical decision-making related to pheochromocytoma (a rare neuroendocrine tumor that can be lethal if not identified and treated promptly);
- Clinical presentation of pheochromocytoma;
- Current views about biochemical diagnosis of pheochromocytoma;
- Localization of related pheochromocytoma including evolving importance of functional imaging; and
- Future promising clinical trials/drugs for treatment of related malignant pheochromocytoma.
The conference will provide a forum to bring together significant numbers of patients and healthcare professionals from the United States, all with a common interest in pheochromocytoma, to facilitate to outline current and future scientific and medical problems associated with the disease. It will also provide a forum for patients to strengthen their support groups and improve awareness and understanding of pheochromocytoma.
Karen T. Adams, RBMB, DIR, NICHD
Tel: (301) 402-7785